The insurance business has traditionally backed away from the cut and thrust of politics, but more recently has started to made its voice heard.I have long thought that reinsurance makes a very good career for the curious, giving us legitimate reason to roam fields not directly related to the job of underwriting. A key part of my role as a chief executive is monitoring the economic tide and its underlying social and political currents. In fact, it is questionable whether an insurance executi
- Tradex borrows £7m to meet Solvency II requirements after Ogden rate hit
- Lloyd’s redundancies: London market forced to focus on cost
- Dacre Bleu: will the industry act after Daily Mail attack on insurer 'sharks' and 'pirates'?
- Direct Line's Paul Geddes reportedly linked with ITV CEO role
- Blog: Connected homes should get cheaper premiums
- Ageas's François-Xavier Boisseau on avoiding the avoidable
- Covea sees profits treble following Sterling integration