John P Phelan, chair and chief executive officer of American Re-Insurance, has been elected chair of the Reinsurance Association of America (RAA) by its members.Elected to serve with Mr Phelan are vice chair Andreas Beerli, chief executive of Swiss Re's Americas division and a member of the executive board; and secretary-treasurer, James H Veghte, president and chief executive of XL Reinsurance America.
- Insurers at risk of losing two thirds of previous customer data due to GDPR
- Tragic hero of Manchester bombing was Aviva employee
- Blog: Using robots to build trust
- Competition watchdog investigates Solera over Autodata takeover
- Blog: Diary of an insurtech start-up, episode 3: The quickening
- Motor Insurance World video: Ogden rate and credit hire
- Am Trust receives $300m investment from Karfunkel family after share price falls