Head of Lloyd's worldwide development points to global challengesThe world insurance market is facing a series of challenges, according to James Sutherland, the head of development and strategies worldwide at Lloyd's of London.Speaking at the Insurex 2005 conference in Dubai, Mr Sutherland said that 2004 had been a critical year for the industry. He pointed out that the US insurance industry had made an underwriting profit that year for the first time in a quarter of a century and that unles
- Tradex borrows £7m to meet Solvency II requirements after Ogden rate hit
- Lloyd’s redundancies: London market forced to focus on cost
- Dacre Bleu: will the industry act after Daily Mail attack on insurer 'sharks' and 'pirates'?
- Direct Line's Paul Geddes reportedly linked with ITV CEO role
- Blog: Connected homes should get cheaper premiums
- Ageas's François-Xavier Boisseau on avoiding the avoidable
- Covea sees profits treble following Sterling integration