Yassir Al Baharna is a company man through and through. As chief executive of Arab Insurance Group (Arig) he heads up one of the largest Arab-owned reinsurance organisations in the Middle East and North Africa Region.The Bahraini national joined the fledgling group in 1987 at the tender age of 23, after leaving university with an engineering degree and unsure what to do with his life."I think very few (insurance executives) will say their lifetime ambition when they were young would be to wo
- Tradex borrows £7m to meet Solvency II requirements after Ogden rate hit
- Lloyd’s redundancies: London market forced to focus on cost
- Dacre Bleu: will the industry act after Daily Mail attack on insurer 'sharks' and 'pirates'?
- Direct Line's Paul Geddes reportedly linked with ITV CEO role
- Blog: Connected homes should get cheaper premiums
- Ageas's François-Xavier Boisseau on avoiding the avoidable
- Covea sees profits treble following Sterling integration