It's fair to say that there have been some rather atrocious classes of business for underwriters in the recent past. One only has to think of US D&O claims, environmental liability or asbestos, and the deep intake of breath must surely be followed by the need for a large whiskey. Yet still the woes continue, and it seems that one of the latest bogey classes for reinsurers and insurers alike is that most tortuous of areas, medical malpractice.Unfortunately, if you thought the sector's problem
- In Depth: Claimant lawyers move from whiplash to holiday illness claims
- Motor Report: What's driving motor?
- Majority of UK businesses 'will not be compliant' in time for GDPR
- Insurers at risk of losing two thirds of previous customer data due to GDPR
- Repair firm feared to be hacked for personal accident data
- Crash for cash fraudsters jailed after fabricating accident
- Insurercore set to launch broking social media platform after fixing technical glitches