According to official statistics from the Life Offices' Association of South Africa, the South African life-insurance market is ranked highest worldwide for insurance penetration relative to gross domestic product (GDP), showing premiums at 15.2% of GDP in the year 2004. The market is also heavily consolidated with the number-one life company, Old Mutual, with an estimated 30% of life premiums, followed by Sanlam. Other major life insurers are Liberty, Momentum and Discovery Life.Aggressive
- In Depth: Claimant lawyers move from whiplash to holiday illness claims
- Motor Report: What's driving motor?
- Majority of UK businesses 'will not be compliant' in time for GDPR
- Insurers at risk of losing two thirds of previous customer data due to GDPR
- Repair firm feared to be hacked for personal accident data
- Insurercore set to launch broking social media platform after fixing technical glitches
- Crash for cash fraudsters jailed after fabricating accident