It is a typically pleasant Bermudian day as I sit down to meet with Robert Hynes, Exective Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of Max Re at their splendid headquarters overlooking the Royal Bermudian Yacht club in Hamilton.The softly spoken Robert boasts a career that started in the late 1970s and has a long history on the island. He held a key position at Renaissance Re, backed up by further experience in the mainland US markets at Hartford Steam Boiler and Aetna. Back in 1999, he an
- Tradex borrows £7m to meet Solvency II requirements after Ogden rate hit
- Lloyd’s redundancies: London market forced to focus on cost
- Direct Line's Paul Geddes reportedly linked with ITV CEO role
- 22 dead after explosion at Manchester concert
- Blog: Connected homes should get cheaper premiums
- Dacre Bleu: will the industry act after Daily Mail attack on insurer 'sharks' and 'pirates'?
- Solvency II ratios not comparable across EU and won't be used in ratings, says AM Best