Originally used for determining baseball players' salaries, 'baseball arbitration' (as it is now called) offers advantages if used in the right circumstances, but it is neither without risk nor for the faint-hearted.At the heart of a dispute, resolution through baseball arbitration is a requirement that the parties exchange final figures at an early stage, and indeed usually before a Tribunal is constituted. Those figures are then binding on the parties throughout the arbitral process, and t
- Tradex borrows £7m to meet Solvency II requirements after Ogden rate hit
- Lloyd’s redundancies: London market forced to focus on cost
- Direct Line's Paul Geddes reportedly linked with ITV CEO role
- 22 dead after explosion at Manchester concert
- Blog: Connected homes should get cheaper premiums
- Dacre Bleu: will the industry act after Daily Mail attack on insurer 'sharks' and 'pirates'?
- Solvency II ratios not comparable across EU and won't be used in ratings, says AM Best