The explosion in the number of states passing captive-insurance legislation in recent years has led to an unexpected situation in which analysts are declaring that the market is reaching full capacity.The present market leaders, Bermuda and the Cayman Islands (number one and number two respectively, according to our feature 'Top 10 fantasy relocations' in Reinsurance July 2006, pp18-25) remain leagues ahead of their next competitor in terms of the numbers of captives on each island, but the
- In Depth: Claimant lawyers move from whiplash to holiday illness claims
- Motor Report: What's driving motor?
- Majority of UK businesses 'will not be compliant' in time for GDPR
- Insurers at risk of losing two thirds of previous customer data due to GDPR
- Repair firm feared to be hacked for personal accident data
- Crash for cash fraudsters jailed after fabricating accident
- Insurercore set to launch broking social media platform after fixing technical glitches