Post caught up with LV Broker personal lines MD Michael Lawrence, ahead of the Biba conference in Manchester.
What is the best thing you have ever picked up at a Biba stand?
A golf umbrella - handy for typical Manchester weather and, er, playing golf.
Who is the most impressive speaker you have ever seen at a Biba Conference?
I don't tend to go to the sessions as we're busy talking to brokers on our stand but Joe Simpson from Touching the Void fame who demonstrated the need for proper planning and preparation and the consequences of not doing both.
Who is your favourite Mancunian?
Don Whillans; a plumber who grew up in urban Manchester and escaped the city through climbing. He climbed many of the hardest routes in the world including first ascents on Everest and was a real hard man who stayed true to his gritty roots.
What is your favourite Manchester haunt for food and/or drinks?
Panacea where we hold our drinks event - always THE event for brokers to go.
- Blog: Diary of an insurtech start-up, episode 3: The quickening
- Blog: From Noddy to Sweep, kids TV has been helping insurers sell products since 1985
- Am Trust receives $300m investment from Karfunkel family after share price falls
- Personalisation or irrelevance: Why insurance companies need to match their customers' raised expectations in the digital age - watch now
- Broking giant created from Towergate issues £800m bond offering
- Insurercore set to launch broking social media platform after fixing technical glitches
- Blog: Using robots to build trust