Barot v Brent London Borough CouncilEmployment Appeal Tribunal, 17 Jan 2013The claimant, a senior accountant within a local authority, was made redundant after a departmental restructure. She unsuccessfully applied for an alternative post at a higher grade, which involved strategic accountancy work, and then rejected the respondent’s invitation to apply for three other jobs.At first instance, the Employment Tribunal held that her dismissal was fair. Further, on a point raised at late no
- Tradex borrows £7m to meet Solvency II requirements after Ogden rate hit
- Lloyd’s redundancies: London market forced to focus on cost
- Dacre Bleu: will the industry act after Daily Mail attack on insurer 'sharks' and 'pirates'?
- Direct Line's Paul Geddes reportedly linked with ITV CEO role
- Blog: Connected homes should get cheaper premiums
- Ageas's François-Xavier Boisseau on avoiding the avoidable
- Covea sees profits treble following Sterling integration