The ratings agency also downgraded the insurers long-term issuer credit rating to bbb+ from a-. The ratings of MS Amlin’s Lloyd’s Syndicate 2001 were placed under review following the announcement in September 2015 that Amlin was to be acquired by Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance Company. MS Amlin Syndicate 2001, reported a loss for 2016 due to increased catastrophe losses and the effect of the Ogden discount rate change. The loss for the full year of 2016 was £35.1m compared to a profit of £134.3
- Tradex borrows £7m to meet Solvency II requirements after Ogden rate hit
- Lloyd’s redundancies: London market forced to focus on cost
- Direct Line's Paul Geddes reportedly linked with ITV CEO role
- 22 dead after explosion at Manchester concert
- Blog: Connected homes should get cheaper premiums
- Dacre Bleu: will the industry act after Daily Mail attack on insurer 'sharks' and 'pirates'?
- Solvency II ratios not comparable across EU and won't be used in ratings, says AM Best