The insurer, which has a predominantly US-centric business model, will offer financial lines to continental Europe through the new office. The Barcelona office will be led by Lorena Segovia who joins from HCC Global, where she was financial lines underwriting manager for southern Europe. The move comes as part of a wider Europe expansion and follows the decision to change its Ireland reinsurance business to a primary insurer. Gerard Bloom, Beazley’s head of international financial lines, said
- ABI previously warned government over hazards of flammable cladding
- Towergate group company to launch under new brand name
- Data analytics will impact property underwriting but could lead to 'uninsurable' properties
- Insurers issue warning as government to test cladding on 600 buildings
- Marsh Networks’ David Hopwood on the seven issues a reduced discount rate creates for SME brokers
- Full report: Motor Report: What's driving motor?
- Government resurrects whiplash reform