The insurer, which has a predominantly US-centric business model, will offer financial lines to continental Europe through the new office. The Barcelona office will be led by Lorena Segovia who joins from HCC Global, where she was financial lines underwriting manager for southern Europe. The move comes as part of a wider Europe expansion and follows the decision to change its Ireland reinsurance business to a primary insurer. Gerard Bloom, Beazley’s head of international financial lines, s
- Tradex borrows £7m to meet Solvency II requirements after Ogden rate hit
- Lloyd’s redundancies: London market forced to focus on cost
- Dacre Bleu: will the industry act after Daily Mail attack on insurer 'sharks' and 'pirates'?
- Direct Line's Paul Geddes reportedly linked with ITV CEO role
- Blog: Connected homes should get cheaper premiums
- Ageas's François-Xavier Boisseau on avoiding the avoidable
- Covea sees profits treble following Sterling integration