In addition Direct Line reported a 4.2% increase in gross written premium for ongoing operations across the group. The growth in its motor book was driven by the challenges face in the home market where Direct Line slowed its growth due to claims inflation. Paul Geddes, CEO of Direct Line, said that the firm was on track to achieve its target combined operating ratio of 93%-95% for the overall year: “Overall, I am pleased with the positive start we have made to the year, continuing the mom
- Tradex borrows £7m to meet Solvency II requirements after Ogden rate hit
- Lloyd’s redundancies: London market forced to focus on cost
- Dacre Bleu: will the industry act after Daily Mail attack on insurer 'sharks' and 'pirates'?
- Direct Line's Paul Geddes reportedly linked with ITV CEO role
- Blog: Connected homes should get cheaper premiums
- Ageas's François-Xavier Boisseau on avoiding the avoidable
- Covea sees profits treble following Sterling integration