In addition Direct Line reported a 4.2% increase in gross written premium for ongoing operations across the group. The growth in its motor book was driven by the challenges face in the home market where Direct Line slowed its growth due to claims inflation. Paul Geddes, CEO of Direct Line, said that the firm was on track to achieve its target combined operating ratio of 93%-95% for the overall year: “Overall, I am pleased with the positive start we have made to the year, continuing the moment
- ABI previously warned government over hazards of flammable cladding
- Towergate group company to launch under new brand name
- Data analytics will impact property underwriting but could lead to 'uninsurable' properties
- Insurers issue warning as government to test cladding on 600 buildings
- Marsh Networks’ David Hopwood on the seven issues a reduced discount rate creates for SME brokers
- Full report: Motor Report: What's driving motor?
- Government resurrects whiplash reform