In its latest Best Special Report, the rating agency said insurance mergers in Europe over the coming year were unlikely to match the M&A activities of previous years. The agency recorded $64bn worth of insurance M&A deals in Europe from 2012 to 2016. Last year, mergers amounted to $5bn, down by 72% from 2015 and 76% from 2014. According to AM Best, mergers between two insurance firms in the same European country will also become less common during 2017. “The scope for large transa
- Tradex borrows £7m to meet Solvency II requirements after Ogden rate hit
- Lloyd’s redundancies: London market forced to focus on cost
- Direct Line's Paul Geddes reportedly linked with ITV CEO role
- 22 dead after explosion at Manchester concert
- Blog: Connected homes should get cheaper premiums
- Dacre Bleu: will the industry act after Daily Mail attack on insurer 'sharks' and 'pirates'?
- Solvency II ratios not comparable across EU and won't be used in ratings, says AM Best