“There are 7000 general insurance jobs in the city,” says Sharon Hamilton, director of financial and business services for Scottish Enterprise. “Across the UK, that puts it in fifth place, and it has the biggest general insurance market outside the South East.” Across Scotland, there are roughly 14,000 general insurance jobs, half of those being in Glasgow itself. In terms of percentage, approximately 5% of the UK total GI jobs are in the city. Like most post-industrial cities however, Glasg
- Tradex borrows £7m to meet Solvency II requirements after Ogden rate hit
- Lloyd’s redundancies: London market forced to focus on cost
- Dacre Bleu: will the industry act after Daily Mail attack on insurer 'sharks' and 'pirates'?
- Direct Line's Paul Geddes reportedly linked with ITV CEO role
- Blog: Connected homes should get cheaper premiums
- Ageas's François-Xavier Boisseau on avoiding the avoidable
- Covea sees profits treble following Sterling integration