“There are 7000 general insurance jobs in the city,” says Sharon Hamilton, director of financial and business services for Scottish Enterprise. “Across the UK, that puts it in fifth place, and it has the biggest general insurance market outside the South East.” Across Scotland, there are roughly 14,000 general insurance jobs, half of those being in Glasgow itself. In terms of percentage, approximately 5% of the UK total GI jobs are in the city. Like most post-industrial cities however, Glasgow
- ABI previously warned government over hazards of flammable cladding
- Towergate group company to launch under new brand name
- Data analytics will impact property underwriting but could lead to 'uninsurable' properties
- Insurers issue warning as government to test cladding on 600 buildings
- Marsh Networks’ David Hopwood on the seven issues a reduced discount rate creates for SME brokers
- Full report: Motor Report: What's driving motor?
- Government resurrects whiplash reform