JLT Specialty saw a 60% increase in the number of insured deals during 2016 compared to 2015 globally. Also known as warranty and indemnity insurance, M&A cover is designed to pay out if a buyer discovers the business bought is not what the seller advised it would be. In its annual M&A Insurance Index report, JLT found that the average limit of insurance increased by 16% in 2016 compared to the previous year. This may be a reaction to perceived heightened investment risk driven by
- In Depth: Claimant lawyers move from whiplash to holiday illness claims
- Motor Report: What's driving motor?
- Majority of UK businesses 'will not be compliant' in time for GDPR
- Insurers at risk of losing two thirds of previous customer data due to GDPR
- Repair firm feared to be hacked for personal accident data
- Insurercore set to launch broking social media platform after fixing technical glitches
- Crash for cash fraudsters jailed after fabricating accident