Industry take up of the IFR has exceeded expectation as now 62% of the general insurance market has signed up. The number of fraudsters’ records being uploaded to the IRF database is now approaching the 15,000 mark. The increased sign up of the industry comes after the Insurance Fraud Taskforce recommended that insurers use the register as a tool to help identify fraud at any stage in the policy lifecycle. “The IFR is a key component within the industry’s counter-fraud strategy which focus
- Tradex borrows £7m to meet Solvency II requirements after Ogden rate hit
- Lloyd’s redundancies: London market forced to focus on cost
- Direct Line's Paul Geddes reportedly linked with ITV CEO role
- 22 dead after explosion at Manchester concert
- Blog: Connected homes should get cheaper premiums
- Dacre Bleu: will the industry act after Daily Mail attack on insurer 'sharks' and 'pirates'?
- Solvency II ratios not comparable across EU and won't be used in ratings, says AM Best