Casualty & General Insurance Company Europe has withdrawn its £20m capacity with Hawkwell, a specialist motor MGA that launched in 2014. The company said the decision to reduce to Ogden discount rate from 2.5% to minus 0.75% had made the motor market "unviable". CGICE CEO Danny Gibson said: "The recent decision by the Ministry of Justice to change the discount rate has made the motor business we write unviable, as a result we have to deploy our capital in our other classes of business.
- Insurers at risk of losing two thirds of previous customer data due to GDPR
- Tragic hero of Manchester bombing was Aviva employee
- Blog: Using robots to build trust
- Motor Insurance World video: Ogden rate and credit hire
- Competition watchdog investigates Solera over Autodata takeover
- Blog: Diary of an insurtech start-up, episode 3: The quickening
- Am Trust receives $300m investment from Karfunkel family after share price falls