McMillan, pictured, who left Aviva in January following a restructure after being at the insurer since 2002, replaces Colin Fagen who left QBE suddenly earlier this month. A QBE spokesperson said McMillan will join the company in the "latter part of 2017". John Neal, group CEO, commented: "David's experience and track record see him well-qualified to lead QBE’s operations, claims and technology activities." "As CEO of Aviva Europe David led the division through a major four-year turnaround
- In Depth: Claimant lawyers move from whiplash to holiday illness claims
- Motor Report: What's driving motor?
- Majority of UK businesses 'will not be compliant' in time for GDPR
- Insurers at risk of losing two thirds of previous customer data due to GDPR
- Repair firm feared to be hacked for personal accident data
- Insurercore set to launch broking social media platform after fixing technical glitches
- Crash for cash fraudsters jailed after fabricating accident