As part of the Prisons and Courts Bill, the MoJ also announced a ban on claims without medical evidence, saying that it expects this to cut car insurance premiums by around £40 a year. The MoJ said it intends to raise the small claims track from £1000 to £5000 for road traffic accident related injuries. It will raise the small claims track for all other personal injury claims to £2000, in line with inflation. Justice Minister Sir Oliver Heald said: "We are determined to get a grip on the wi
- Tradex borrows £7m to meet Solvency II requirements after Ogden rate hit
- Lloyd’s redundancies: London market forced to focus on cost
- Direct Line's Paul Geddes reportedly linked with ITV CEO role
- 22 dead after explosion at Manchester concert
- Blog: Connected homes should get cheaper premiums
- Dacre Bleu: will the industry act after Daily Mail attack on insurer 'sharks' and 'pirates'?
- Solvency II ratios not comparable across EU and won't be used in ratings, says AM Best