2016 global operating profits were €10.8bn (£9bn) compared with €10.7bn in 2015 - a fifth consecutive year of annual operating profit rises - with Q4 2016 operating profits up 9.3% to €2.8bn over Q4 2015. Despite a strong Q4 with profits climbing 16.4%, Allianz's P&C FY 2016 global operating profits dropped 4.2% to €5.37bn compared with FY 2015 as a result of weaker investment returns - whereas the P&C combined operating ratio improved 0.3% to 94.3% in part as a result of lower claims from natc
- ABI previously warned government over hazards of flammable cladding
- Towergate group company to launch under new brand name
- Data analytics will impact property underwriting but could lead to 'uninsurable' properties
- Insurers issue warning as government to test cladding on 600 buildings
- Marsh Networks’ David Hopwood on the seven issues a reduced discount rate creates for SME brokers
- Full report: Motor Report: What's driving motor?
- Government resurrects whiplash reform