CEO, Aviva UK General Insurance
Heading up the UK side of the biggest general insurer in the UK, Holmes steers the ship while it fights for whiplash reform, invests in nimble start-ups and dips its toe into the connected home market.
2017 is sure to be an interesting year in all these sectors. He has a new boss in the form of Andy Briggs but as Briggs's strengths lie in the life side, Holmes is sure to have a big say in GI.
- Tradex borrows £7m to meet Solvency II requirements after Ogden rate hit
- Lloyd’s redundancies: London market forced to focus on cost
- Direct Line's Paul Geddes reportedly linked with ITV CEO role
- 22 dead after explosion at Manchester concert
- Blog: Connected homes should get cheaper premiums
- Dacre Bleu: will the industry act after Daily Mail attack on insurer 'sharks' and 'pirates'?
- Solvency II ratios not comparable across EU and won't be used in ratings, says AM Best