In September 2011 an employee sustained an injury while using an industrial staple gun and subsequently sued the company in 2013, forcing the insured company to notify Zurich a few days later. Zurich declined to issue a payout to Maccaferri, arguing that the company had failed to comply with the conditions precedent to the notification period. The insurer argued that Maccaferri should have given notice near October 2011, shortly after the accident had occurred. "The insured shall give noti
- Tradex borrows £7m to meet Solvency II requirements after Ogden rate hit
- Lloyd’s redundancies: London market forced to focus on cost
- Dacre Bleu: will the industry act after Daily Mail attack on insurer 'sharks' and 'pirates'?
- Direct Line's Paul Geddes reportedly linked with ITV CEO role
- Blog: Connected homes should get cheaper premiums
- Covea sees profits treble following Sterling integration
- Ageas's François-Xavier Boisseau on avoiding the avoidable