Data is king in the insurance space, delivering benefits from smarter underwriting to improved fraud detection. But, while it has enabled significant improvements in the personal lines motor market, the small commercial vehicles market is just beginning to see the potential benefits that greater use of data could bring. And there's never been a more pressing time to pull more data into this market. Figures from Consumer Intelligence's quarterly Van Insurance Cost Index show that average
- In Depth: Claimant lawyers move from whiplash to holiday illness claims
- Motor Report: What's driving motor?
- Majority of UK businesses 'will not be compliant' in time for GDPR
- Insurers at risk of losing two thirds of previous customer data due to GDPR
- Repair firm feared to be hacked for personal accident data
- Insurercore set to launch broking social media platform after fixing technical glitches
- Crash for cash fraudsters jailed after fabricating accident