James Daley, managing director of Fairer Finance, gives his view on the importance of customer centricity and wonders why the industry seems so out of sync with the public it serves.
Daley, pictured, believes insurers should be "willing to give their customers the benefit of the doubt much more often" and puts the onus on insurers to demonstrate their value.
Do you think he's right?
Get involved with the Insurance Debate this week, and make sure your voice gets heard by telling us what you think - is customer centricity the key to bringing our industry out of the Dark Ages and into the realms of a classic and reputable profession?
Why not have your say and join in the debate here.
- Bollington boss recounts harrowing ordeal of Manchester terrorist attack
- 22 dead after explosion at Manchester concert
- Manchester Arena ‘regularly carried out terrorist response training’
- Swinton call centre staff relocated following Manchester blast
- Blog: Diary of an insurtech start-up, episode 3: The quickening
- Zurich and Axa close Manchester branches for the day following terror attack
- Pool Re will respond to Manchester attack as ‘quickly as possible’