Brokers are risking high fines by continuing sales of opt-out add-ons due to fears switching to an opt-in system could see sales drop by up to 70%. The Financial Conduct Authority slapped Swinton with a £7.4m fine last week after the broker was found to be mis-selling monthly add-on insurance policies, leading to suggestions among compliance experts that other firms could soon find themselves in the firing line. A disinclination to fully engage with the regulator’s tough stance against the sal
- ABI previously warned government over hazards of flammable cladding
- Towergate group company to launch under new brand name
- Insurers issue warning as government to test cladding on 600 buildings
- Data analytics will impact property underwriting but could lead to 'uninsurable' properties
- Full report: Motor Report: What's driving motor?
- Marsh Networks’ David Hopwood on the seven issues a reduced discount rate creates for SME brokers
- Government resurrects whiplash reform