With data validation increasing in importance, Post sat down with Zurich’s director of personal lines, pricing and underwriting Darren McCauley to discuss this trend.
In conversation with Post Magazine's editor-in-chief Jonathan Swift he addresses whether the current data sources used by insurers are up-to-speed; where improvements could be made; and the importance in passing this expertise down to brokers so they can clean up their books.
The pair also cover whether data validation is more important in the direct business, broker business, or equally in both; and whether it is the sole preserve of the motor business, or does it straddle other product lines.
- In Depth: Claimant lawyers move from whiplash to holiday illness claims
- Motor Report: What's driving motor?
- Majority of UK businesses 'will not be compliant' in time for GDPR
- Insurers at risk of losing two thirds of previous customer data due to GDPR
- Repair firm feared to be hacked for personal accident data
- Insurercore set to launch broking social media platform after fixing technical glitches
- Crash for cash fraudsters jailed after fabricating accident