This week: QBE Europe prepares to become a major player in the UK personal lines motor market with the acquisition of Equity Red Star; LV looks ready to offload the Hero broking arm of Highway; the Chartered Insurance Institute appoints a new general insurance head and backtracks on its name change; and the sale of GAB Robins moves to due diligence stage; and the trade union Ucatt proposes the formation of an employers' liability bureau.
- Tradex borrows £7m to meet Solvency II requirements after Ogden rate hit
- Lloyd’s redundancies: London market forced to focus on cost
- 22 dead after explosion at Manchester concert
- Direct Line's Paul Geddes reportedly linked with ITV CEO role
- Solvency II ratios not comparable across EU and won't be used in ratings, says AM Best
- Blog: Connected homes should get cheaper premiums
- Swinton call centre staff relocated following Manchester blast