According to analysis of Ministry of Justice claims portal data by Weightmans, employers’ and public liability claim values have risen by an average of 10% and 12% respectively between January 2015 and December 2016. Bavita Rai, insurance partner at Weightmans, said: “The continuing, high increases we are seeing in the payouts awarded for injury claims is a cause for concern, indicating that an over-inflationary pressure on claims values remains an issue for insurers and their customers.” The
- ABI previously warned government over hazards of flammable cladding
- Towergate group company to launch under new brand name
- Insurers issue warning as government to test cladding on 600 buildings
- Data analytics will impact property underwriting but could lead to 'uninsurable' properties
- Full report: Motor Report: What's driving motor?
- Regulation is a hindrance to industry innovation: Axa
- Government resurrects whiplash reform