GWP overall increased 9% to £46.9m, with numbers of personal lines polices up 15% and commercial policies up 32%. The growth means the firm now covers just under 3.5m personal lines customers and just under 200 000 businesses. Pre-tax and pre-amortisaton profits more than doubled to £3.3m. Arag managing director Tony Buss said that 2013 had been a challenging year in requiring the business to increasing demands as well as react to regulation. "Yet it is also one where product redesign and
- Tradex borrows £7m to meet Solvency II requirements after Ogden rate hit
- Lloyd’s redundancies: London market forced to focus on cost
- Dacre Bleu: will the industry act after Daily Mail attack on insurer 'sharks' and 'pirates'?
- Direct Line's Paul Geddes reportedly linked with ITV CEO role
- Blog: Connected homes should get cheaper premiums
- Blog: Seven Indian insurtech start-ups to watch in 2017 and beyond
- Ageas's François-Xavier Boisseau on avoiding the avoidable