In February 2015 insurance broking giant Arthur J Gallagher appointed industry veteran Grahame ‘Chily’ Chilton as its UK CEO. Chilton, pictured, said he wasn't worried that Britain’s exit from the EU would have a negative impact on the company, predicting that it have a positive impact on the business and economy. “Long-term growth will be stronger post-Brexit,” Chilton said. “This won’t happen in the short term but looking into the future gross domestic product may be stronger [in the UK].
- Tradex borrows £7m to meet Solvency II requirements after Ogden rate hit
- Lloyd’s redundancies: London market forced to focus on cost
- Direct Line's Paul Geddes reportedly linked with ITV CEO role
- 22 dead after explosion at Manchester concert
- Blog: Connected homes should get cheaper premiums
- Dacre Bleu: will the industry act after Daily Mail attack on insurer 'sharks' and 'pirates'?
- Solvency II ratios not comparable across EU and won't be used in ratings, says AM Best