Insurers are using technology to get smarter with smaller claims but the range of issues at stake with large or complex claims can cause problems for all parties. Central to this is the fact that at the larger end of the scale, there is no such thing as a standard claim. “Every business is different and every material damage and business interruption claim is different,” says Graeme Monce, claims director at Jelf and managing director of Hamilton Bond. “You need a personal touch to ensure th
- Tradex borrows £7m to meet Solvency II requirements after Ogden rate hit
- Lloyd’s redundancies: London market forced to focus on cost
- Direct Line's Paul Geddes reportedly linked with ITV CEO role
- 22 dead after explosion at Manchester concert
- Blog: Connected homes should get cheaper premiums
- Dacre Bleu: will the industry act after Daily Mail attack on insurer 'sharks' and 'pirates'?
- Solvency II ratios not comparable across EU and won't be used in ratings, says AM Best