Swiss Re expects Cyclone Debbie to have resulted in a higher share of large commercial and corporate losses compared to similar events in the past. The total insured market losses for wind, flood and storm surge damages are estimated to be approximately $1.3bn, Swiss Re said. Tropical Cyclone Debbie made landfall on 28 March as a category four hurricane with wind speeds of close to 200km/h making it the strongest cyclone to hit the Australian region since 2015. Matthias Weber, Swiss Re's g
- Blog: Diary of an insurtech start-up, episode 2: Silicon Valley
- Towergate places 133 jobs at risk in restructure
- Aviva's 'Ask It Never' concept to cut out question asking process
- Whiplash reform bill shelving is green light for personal injury 'gravy train'
- Blog: In memoriam - why insurtech start-ups fail
- Blog: Brokers' bad reputation
- XL Catlin to participate in 30-month autonomous vehicle trial