After tax profits reached $1.19bn (£924m) in Q1 2017 compared with a loss of $183m in Q1 2016 and a Q4 2016 loss of $3bn. The Q1 results were boosted by increased investment income and cost reductions of $560m. However AIG’s Q1 commercial combined operating ratio deteriorated to 102.2% from 97.7% (Q1 2016), in liability and financial lines the COR dropped from 96.8% (Q1 2016) to 105.4%, and in personal lines the COR dipped from 94.6% (Q1 2016) to 96.6%; the COR in property and special risks imp
- ABI previously warned government over hazards of flammable cladding
- Towergate group company to launch under new brand name
- Data analytics will impact property underwriting but could lead to 'uninsurable' properties
- Insurers issue warning as government to test cladding on 600 buildings
- Marsh Networks’ David Hopwood on the seven issues a reduced discount rate creates for SME brokers
- Full report: Motor Report: What's driving motor?
- Government resurrects whiplash reform