After tax profits reached $1.19bn (£924m) in Q1 2017 compared with a loss of $183m in Q1 2016 and a Q4 2016 loss of $3bn. The Q1 results were boosted by increased investment income and cost reductions of $560m. However AIG's Q1 commercial combined operating ratio deteriorated to 102.2% from 97.7% (Q1 2016), in liability and financial lines the COR dropped from 96.8% (Q1 2016) to 105.4%, and in personal lines the COR dipped from 94.6% (Q1 2016) to 96.6%; the COR in property and special risks
- Tradex borrows £7m to meet Solvency II requirements after Ogden rate hit
- Lloyd’s redundancies: London market forced to focus on cost
- Direct Line's Paul Geddes reportedly linked with ITV CEO role
- 22 dead after explosion at Manchester concert
- Blog: Connected homes should get cheaper premiums
- Dacre Bleu: will the industry act after Daily Mail attack on insurer 'sharks' and 'pirates'?
- Solvency II ratios not comparable across EU and won't be used in ratings, says AM Best