In a note to the the market sent yesterday, the CIRC has asked for a greater focus on risk assessment by improving systems and managing liquidity. The CIRC said insurers should improve internal compliance and develop long-term asset allocation strategies. The warning comes as China's President Xi Jinping looks to curb excesses in the financial sector and several weeks after the CIRC's chairman Xiang Junbo was taken in for questioning by authorities.
- Blog: Diary of an insurtech start-up, episode 3: The quickening
- Blog: From Noddy to Sweep, kids TV has been helping insurers sell products since 1985
- Am Trust receives $300m investment from Karfunkel family after share price falls
- Personalisation or irrelevance: Why insurance companies need to match their customers' raised expectations in the digital age - watch now
- Broking giant created from Towergate issues £800m bond offering
- Repair firm feared to be hacked for personal accident data
- Insurercore set to launch broking social media platform after fixing technical glitches