In an interview with the South China Morning Post this week Ping An's chief operating officer Jessica Tan said expanding fintech and healthcare businesses are top priorities for the group. Tan commented: “Internet platforms such as Lufax [an internet peer-to-peer lender] need a lot of upfront investment. But after investing in the fixed cost and when the business volume increases, we will see margins improve significantly." 22% of Ping An's new customers came via the internet last year and
- Tradex borrows £7m to meet Solvency II requirements after Ogden rate hit
- Lloyd’s redundancies: London market forced to focus on cost
- Direct Line's Paul Geddes reportedly linked with ITV CEO role
- 22 dead after explosion at Manchester concert
- Blog: Connected homes should get cheaper premiums
- Dacre Bleu: will the industry act after Daily Mail attack on insurer 'sharks' and 'pirates'?
- Solvency II ratios not comparable across EU and won't be used in ratings, says AM Best