ICA CEO Rob Whelan said insurers are mobilising response teams to help households and businesses in northern New South Wales and south-east Queensland, where severe flooding is being reported. The cyclone has already caused damage in areas including Whitsunday Islands, Hamilton Island, Airlie Beach, Daydream Island and Bowen - with 7500 claims already submitted. Whelan commented: “Though 7500 claims have been lodged from Queenslanders as of noon (Brisbane time) today, this is only the early
- Tradex borrows £7m to meet Solvency II requirements after Ogden rate hit
- Lloyd’s redundancies: London market forced to focus on cost
- Direct Line's Paul Geddes reportedly linked with ITV CEO role
- 22 dead after explosion at Manchester concert
- Blog: Connected homes should get cheaper premiums
- Dacre Bleu: will the industry act after Daily Mail attack on insurer 'sharks' and 'pirates'?
- Solvency II ratios not comparable across EU and won't be used in ratings, says AM Best